Wellness Adventure with Procoach
This years class is full!
NEXT ADVENTURE STARTS MARCH 2019! Want to be in that cohort? Contact me to see if you and my program are a match!
We will ask and answer these questions during our year long adventure:
- Where you are at with fitness right now? Where do you want to be in a year?
- Figure out what works for you, and what doesn't? Help you write your body's "owner's manual".
- What does it mean to you to be fit and healthy?
- Why do you want to get fit?
- How will you knit health and fitness into your lifestyle?
What is Procoach?
To start with, what is “ProCoach?” It’s a nutrition coaching platform and coaching curriculum built and written by Precision Nutrition, who over the last twelve years has helped nearly 50,000 men and women lose over 1,000,000 pounds of body fat and lead healthier lives. The Procoach app is a tool I use to deliver daily lessons and exercise assignments. It is a habits based system designed to slowly change your whole perception of food and exercise. It's a full 52 weeks of learning and changing.
I partner with Precision Nutrition to bring you ProCoach because:
You get the cream of the crop, well-researched nutrition information that Precision Nutrition has been accumulating, updating, and editing for over a decade.
This combines with a LOT of support from me. One on one feedback, cheerleading, and focus for you and your journey. In fact, I continue to be a PN coaching client because I believe in their experience and strategies so deeply.
The goal of utlizing ProCoach with me is that together you and I create super solid sustainable habits that will allow you to change and keep those positive new ways of doing, going!
How does the program work?
ProCoach works via a three-prong approach:
- First, this program will help you build the habits which are essential to life-long health and wellness, fat loss, strength and muscle gains, and athletic performance. For example, the first habit is “make time.” It sounds so easy, right? But when we’re already pulled a dozen different directions by work, family, and our online lives, it takes effort to set aside the time to eat well, exercise, and take care of ourselves. Subsequent habits build on this – some are easy and some are more challenging – so you’re always prompted to make gradual, and sticky, changes.
- Second, this program will support you in being consistent with your nutrition and exercise habits. Small efforts applied consistency can create huge change; huge efforts applied inconsistently don’t go anywhere. That’s why ProCoach with me is a year-long program – not only are you learning in small, bite-size pieces (5-10 minutes a day) over that year, but you’ve also got ongoing, expert support to help make good decisions automatic.
- Three, this program will provide you with a rich learning experience about food, movement, and yourself. When you’re done with the program, I want you to have learned habits that you apply automatically and concepts to help you make good decisions, while having created your personal “owners manual” – your individualized approach to exercise and nutrition that will reward you with a rich life. It is not easy, expect to be challenged both mentally, and physically. Expect to look at how you plan and organize your life and food and fitness, but in a good, honest, road-to-deep-health way.
How do I get started?
The first step is to schedule a Get-To-Know-You call with me by clicking here.
Let's chat a bit and connect so we can get to know each other before entering into a year long adventure together.
I want to learn about you and orient you to the actual day-to-day, in and outs of how this online connection looks and feels.
The ProCoach system sits on the Precision Nutrition servers, so you’ll be logging into a PN website, and ProCoach emails will come from a Precision Nutrition email address. But everytime you get feedback, or send a message through ProCoach, it’ll be me on the other end.
Next, we will set up your monthly billing.
Next, you’ll get invited to and log into Procoach. You will complete a questionnaire online, which will take about 10 minutes.
That questionnaire will ask you about your goals, current habits, food preferences, and a few other details. Again, I’m the one who’ll be using that information to support you – ProCoach is simply the platform where the information sits.
Next, I’ll email you a quickstart guide to help you get started immediately with individualized nutrition guidelines.
And then you’re ready to start ProCoach – you’ll get your first lesson on the next Monday after your questionnaire is complete. It will be important that you complete that by March 3rd so you can get started with your class launching March 5th!
There will also be a Facebook group for additional participation and support if you are looking for a community
I’m going to ask that you track your food for about a week, anyway that is comfortable to you, so we can start with some basic strategies.
What happens after I get started?
You and I will have a LOT of online communication, via the ProCoach platform.
The beauty of ProCoach is that it records everything for you, so we’ll use that a ton.
You’ll log-in to the ProCoach platform daily to access your lessons and check off that you’ve completed your habit.
You’ll get a daily email reminder from Precision Nutrition with a link to log in; remember, ProCoach sits on the PN server, so keep an eye out for those emails. I’ll give you feedback on your lessons – sometimes pointing out where you’re responses are really strong, and sometimes asking you to reflect a bit deeper. You can expect feedback at least once or twice a week. If you ever feel like you need something more, please ask.
You’re always able to go back and review past lessons, habits, and conversations we’ve had.
I suggest taking some notes along the way as well though. I love Evernote – it’s free, and includes an option for a single-click-to-save from your web browser. Or you can keep a paper journal, if you are a drawer, writer, or like the idea of a tangible record, this may be a good opportunity to merge your creativity with your fitness and nutrition.
Within ProCoach you’ll record weekly quick measurements, bi-weekly detailed measurements, and progress photos every 4 weeks.
Finally, you’ll need a couple of inexpensive tools for your measurements.
This is a really key step. We can change in one area, and maybe not another. Having multiple ways to measure and track, we can see how you’re doing, and make changes as necessary. There are a lot of other ways to measure success too that we will be interested in, for example, doing more reps of an exercise, increased distance on a walk or run, or able to move better.
Exercise programming, if provided, will be also be delivered via ProCoach. There is an option for us to set that up for you, or for you to work out on your own, or with custom exercises by me. You can change how much exercise support you need as you move through the program.
I am opening a new round of adventurers MARCH 2019!
How do you get started? Schedule a Get-To-Know-You call with me by clicking here.